Tuesday 13 May 2008

A Paint Job....

Brilliant sunshine all day (Monday) so decided to finish painting 'white' bench to match the dominant Copper Beech and neighbouring trees...... and the plants in the garden that link through and bring the eye down. one of these is the acer near the pond I showed recently. I deliberately shaded the paint ( which I mixed from red and blue) so it dint look one solid shade.. I imaging folk will think its a bad paint job !!! Note the watering can painted to match... well it was a fluorsecent metallic blue when I bought it from eBay While I was at it turned the black metal table tops and chairs into a dark denim colour ! I should have known better than to try this at temperatures of almost 90F ....... the chairs in particular dont stand close inspection.. but then they are to sit on !!! Also spent 4 hours watering..... ridiculous in early May .. but a mini heatwave was doing the transplants no good at all !
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Deb Townsend said...

JT, what a beautiful blog!!! I absolutely love your garden... it looks like a place of such peace. I will enjoy coming in on a regular basis to see what's growing! Someday I may even get to see it in person!!!

Susan said...

Looking forward to seeing it all in real life in a couple of weeks time!

deborah kirby said...

You can bet your gardening gloves that I've got this blog marked in my favorites :)

debk